Our Pledge to you
At First American Funds, trust has always been the foundation of our relationship with customers. Because you trust us with your financial and other personal information, we're committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding that information. In order to preserve that trust, we pledge to protect your privacy by adhering to the practices described below.
We want you to understand what information we collect and how it's used.
"Nonpublic personal information" is nonpublic information that we obtain while providing financial products or services to you.
How we collect your information
We obtain nonpublic information about you during the account opening process from the applications and other forms you are asked to complete and from the transactions you make with us. We may also receive nonpublic information about you from companies affiliated with us or from other companies that provide services to you. We do not use nonpublic information received from our affiliates for marketing purposes.
Why we collect your information
We gather nonpublic personal information about you and your accounts so that we can:
- Know who you are and prevent unauthorized access to your information.
- Comply with the laws and regulations that govern us.
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information about your identity, such as your name, address, and social security number.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information you provide on applications, such as your beneficiaries and banking information, if provided to us.
Confidentiality and security
To protect nonpublic personal information about you, we restrict access to such information to only those employees and authorized agents who need to use the information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to maintain the confidentiality and security of nonpublic information about you. In addition, we require our service providers to restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need that information in order to provide products or services to you. We also require them to maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards and regulations to guard your information.
What information we disclose
We may share some or all of the nonpublic personal information that we collect about you with our affiliated providers of financial services, including our family of funds and their advisor, and with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf.
We're permitted by law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties to assist us in servicing your account (e.g., mailing of fund-related materials) and to government entities (e.g., IRS for tax purposes).
We'll continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described here even after your account is closed or becomes inactive.
Additional rights and protections
Our pledge applies to products and services offered by:
- First American Funds, Inc.
- American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc.
- American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc. II
- American Strategic Income Portfolio Inc. III
- American Select Portfolio Inc.
- American Municipal Income Portfolio Inc.
- Minnesota Municipal Income Portfolio Inc.
- First American Minnesota Municipal Income Fund II, Inc.
- American Income Fund Inc.